SUPPORT OUR LIBRARY: DONATE!
The S/BFL is an independent not-for-profit lending library that is open to all who are interested. Our library promotes literacy, education, and fosters community engagement via showcasing the significant works of Black women (and men) and others from the Black and African diaspora, who work toward positive social change. All work at the S/BFL is done on a volunteer basis, and we receive no outside funding. This means our library is %100 percent run by what comes from our pockets, and what we receive from community.
DONATIONS ARE USED TO:
KEEP OUR LIBRARY FREE, WITHOUT REQUIRING A MEMBERSHIP! THEY ALSO ARE USED FOR:
– Obtaining Black feminist, Womanist, Black feminist-centric reading material, audiobooks and CDs
– Offsetting costs of art and activity workshops, including purchasing materials
– Paying artists and speakers who facilitate workshops
– Offering scholarships to community events
– Hosting community events with FREE admittance
– Obtaining race and gender affirming visual materials and more
For a limited time we are giving away an entire set of these incredible Black Women Anthropologists pin back buttons. Each pin back is 2 1/4 inch, and are FREE with a donation of $20.00 or more! (If you add $4.00 we will ship them to you — make sure you include your mailing address + you’ll get a tracking number after they are dropped off at the post office. Shipping is within the U.S. If you are outside of the U.S. please inquire about shipping rates!)
Top row anthropologists left to right: Zora Neale Hurston, Pearl Primus, Katherine Dunham
Bottom row left to right: Manet Fowler, Lélia Gonzalez, Suzanne Comhaire-Sylvain
THERE’S MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SUPPORT
PayPal Link: https://www.paypal.me/SEABFs
Google Pay/Wallet — email: email@example.com
Need an alternate way to send? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org!